For an inhaled poison, get victim to fresh air immediately. Call 991. Maintain airway and breathing. Keep victim warm and quiet. Save the container to give to the paramedics.
How to prevent poisoning?
- Store ALL medications in a locked cabinet, far from kid’s reach.
- Never leave cosmetics and toiletries within easy reach of children.
- Make sure purses and bags that could contain poisonous items such as medications are kept out of reach of kids at all times.
- Always keep pills and liquids in their original containers.
- Never put cleaning products in old beverage bottles or containers that were once used for food.